General Altimax RT
General Altimax HP
Key Features & Benefits for both tires:
- Visual Alignment Indicators (VAI) - By alerting the driver of possible misalignment, this feature can help extend tread life.
- Acoustic Modulation Sound Technology (AMST) - This benefits the driver by suppressing sound waves to give you a quieter ride.
- Twin Cushion Silica Tread Compound - Through combining low and high density compounds, you will experience a smoother and more comfortable ride. The high density tread provides long life and vehicle isolation, while the low density helps to absorb vibrations caused by the road.
- Reactive Contour Technology - Road conditions vary and this feature will give you confidence by reacting to those changes to maximize tire contact with the road. This also helps to maximize the tire's tread life.
- Both also carry a 45-day buy and try program. The HP has a 55K mile tread life warranty on H-speed rated and 45K mile on V-speed rated versions. The RT carries a 70K mile tread life warranty.
The General Altimax RT is a top 10 rated tire in our Tire Survey Results. It performs particularly well in the wet and dry categories. While the General Altimax HP is a top 5 rated tire with about three times the reported miles of those rated higher.
Which tire is best for you will depend on your vehicle, driving style and environment. For more information, contact one of Tire Rack's sales specialists.