These are common questions that people ask about treadlife on tires. If you're buying a tire, obviously you'd want to know how long it's supposed to last, right? Unfortunately, treadlife warranties aren't as simple as they seem.
Let's first start with tires that don't include treadlife warranties. Wait...some tires don't have a warranty? Yes, actually quite a few categories of tires do not include treadlife warranties at all:
- High speed summer performance tires
- Run flat tires
- Any LT-rated tire (C, D, or E load range)
- Most Original Equipment tires
Treadlife warranties can be difficult to collect on because there very specific qualifications:
- Documentation of mileage and proper rotation
- Proper inflation pressure
- Evenly worn down to 2/32nds of treadlife
This article in Tire Tech goes into a little more detail, but each individual manufacturer may do things slightly differently. You'll want to make sure to check the fine print on your warranty information to make sure you qualify. And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to give us a call!