As with any tire, it is important to recognize a certain "break-in" period. Though breaking in a tire won't affect initial performance, it will produce benefits across the competitive life of the tire. So if you're breaking in a new set of Hoosier Racing tires
, like the A6 or the R6, you'll want to observe the initial run heat cycle while giving the tires plenty of time to "cure." Here are a few tips:R6 Roadrace
• The first laps set up durability and competitive life, so don't run them more than 15 minutes at first use.
• Start with an easy pace, then run the final lap at your fastest possible speed in an effort to achieve maximum tire temperature.
• Inflation should be 3 to 5 psi higher than normal.
• Always let the tire rest at least 24 hours before using it again, and actually a week is best, though not always possible.A6 Autocross
• At the event site where you'll be using the tire for the first time, be sure to drive around for a scuff-in session at minimal speeds.
• Tire pressure can be 3 to 5 psi higher when scuffing, but must be reset before the race begins.Read more. See all Hoosier Racing tires.