These four new Yokohama Advan S.4 98W 225/60/16 tires are perfect in every way for both driving 55 MPH in the number two freeway lane in Los Angeles and also passing at wide open throttle at double that speed. My Lincoln Mark VIII with its tight stock air suspension and steering is now a quiet, enjoyable to steer luxury car for the first time ever. The Advan S.4 soothes the worn Los Angeles streets and freeways with a coating of control and comfort. Nowadays I aim for potholes rather than avoid them because the S.4 absorbs the impact rather than transferring the jolts into the car. The Tire Rack tires I replaced were the Firestone Wide Oval (the 97W from Japan in 2009, not today's Wide Oval) and before that the Firestone Firehawk SZ50EP. If tires did not become unsafe after 6 years I would buy my next set of Yokohama Advan S.4 tires right now to keep for later. They are that good.
The Advan S.4 are ultra-high quality for these reasons:
1) They are all made in Japan by Yokohama
2) They are W rated to 168 MPH
3) They are top rated with both AA (wet) and A (temperature)
4) They are rated to 51 PSI cold pressure
5) There were NO, NONE, NADA consumer complaints or recalls on this tire ever at SaferCar by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (unlike most other tires)
6) They were all fresh tires made the 42nd week of last year so they should will be fresh for 5 years.
In short, I am overjoyed I bought these tires. The honest Tire Rack phone sales people shared their deep knowledge and data that helped me select the best tire for me and were a pleasure to speak with during every call.
In short, if you drive easy but want a tire that will be there for you when your driving gets wild then get a set of Yokohama Advan S.4's.