My Shelby GT500 came equipped with this tire in the following sizes:
- This soft rubber tire has an amazing amount of grip when warmed. (It takes a couple of miles to reach appropriate temperatures and peak performance)
- Rarely lose traction even with the large amount of torque outputted by the car.
- The tire is fairly quiet considering the size that I have installed.
- The performance of this tire is reduced significantly when driving in wet conditions.
- The same quality which gives this tire an amazing amount of grip, causes its tread wear to be incredibly high.
- The tire has a very small shallow tread.
This tire is amazing, both on and off the track, when weather conditions are dry and warm. Traction is significantly reduced in wet conditions, chances of hydroplaning are significantly increased.
The high tread wear, combined with the shallow tread, causes the life of the tire to be short and is definitely not recommended for a daily driver.
I would recommend purchasing this tire if the life of the tire is not a concern and you plan on driving very aggressively on dry roads. This tire will not let you down in dry and warm conditions.
If hydroplaning is a concern(i.e. it rains a lot where you live) or reduced life is a concern or you feel that you may not need the extreme amount of grip, then this tire is not for you.