The new 2012 / 2013 BMW 3 Series sedans (known in some enthusiast circles by the chassis number "F30") will be going through their first winter season this year. Like previous BMW 3 Series cars, the 2012 sedans are available in rear-wheel and all-wheel drive models.
The Original Equipment tires on the car are either summer performance tires or high-speed rated all-seasons. If you live in an area that sees snow during the winter months you should be considering a Winter / Snow Tire & Wheel Package.
- Go to the winter section of our website.
- Select the make, year and model of your vehicle using the drop down menu under the heading titled "Shop vehicle make and year".
- Select the size of the wheel that you would like under the heading titled "Build Your Own Package".
- The resulting page will show you winter / snow tires. To proceed to the winter wheels, click on the text towards the right side of the page that reads "Skip to wheels".
- A large selection of 18" diameter wheels fit and work well with the tire size 225/45R18. Both run-flat and non-run-flat winter tires are made in this size.
- Even if your vehicle came with 18" or 19" wheels, you may want to consider minus sizing to 17" wheels with the tire size 225/50R17 for more effective winter traction. Run-flat and non-run-flat winter tires are also available in this size.
- If you own a 328i, you can even minus size to 16" with the size 225/55R16, although only non-run-flat options are made in this size.
I kept my old wheels from my 2007-2011 BMW 335i, will they fit my new 2012 3 Series sedan?
Most winter wheels that fit the E90 335i will also fit the new F30. Just keep in mind that the new F30 does use taller tires than the E90 and uses different TPMS sensors. As always, be sure to test fit to check for clearance before driving on them.
Get a head start on safe driving this winter by building your Winter / Snow Tire & Wheel Package today!