Although many parts of the country are still seeing high temperatures in the 70s and 80s, keep in mind, that in less than two months many of us may be driving in snow. Those who live in a snowbelt or higher altitudes can see snowfall in the fall months of October and November (see South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado). Regardless of when it comes, be prepared with a set of dedicated winter / snow tires.
It's important to begin your search for winter / snow tires before winter arrives. Why? Here are five reasons to purchase now rather than waiting until winter is already upon us:
- Inventory levels of winter tires are as good as they'll be in the fall months. Choose which winter tire you want instead of settling for what is leftover later.
- Some manufacturers offer rebates to early buyers.
- Install your Winter / Snow Tire & Wheel Package at your convenience instead of rushing after the first snowfall.
- Get the best selection of low cost winter wheels.
- Have peace of mind that this decision is taken care of in advance.
Are you looking for black steel wheels to go with your winter tire purchase? If so, read "Steel Wheels Available at Tire Rack" for more information.