- Which tire should I choose for winter?
- Can I go with the least expensive winter tire?
- Do I need a performance winter?
- Should I go with studs or not?
Next, le'ts talk about a little tire logic: Always prepare for the worst. That is the best policy you can have -- look at your worst consistent driving conditions.
- Do you see ice storms occasionally?
- Do you encounter roads before they are plowed?
- Is your drive or cul-de-sac rarely plowed or on a steep grade?
- Are there bridges or dangerous intersections on your daily route?
Consider these winter / snow tires for your vehicle:
Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 -- Best-in-class SNOW traction
Continental ExtremeWinterContact -- Current ICE champ in our tire test
Michelin X-Ice Xi2 -- Best-in-class road manners, second place on ice
Dunlop Graspic DS-3 -- Budget solution in the ICE category