When looking to improve the performance of your vehicle, a coil-over kit can provide the most dramatic effects when it comes to reducing body roll, controlling bounce and adjusting ride height. A coil-over kit is best described as a spring, shock and bump stop incorporated into one assembly with the spring encompassing the shock and bump stop. It often uses an adjustable spring perch to allow different vehicle ride heights without changing the springs.
One of the most recognized and trusted names in the suspension industry is Bilstein. When it's time to upgrade the suspension on your vehicle, take a look at their PSS Coil-Over Kit, PSS9 Coil-Over Kit and PSS10 Coil-Over Kit.
Bilstein PSS Coil-Over Kit
Bilstein PSS9 Coil-Over Kit
Bilstein PSS10 Coil-Over Kit
Bilstein PSS Coil-Over Kit:
- Matched performance spring and threaded ride height adjuster
- Includes application specific, progressive rate coil springs
- Set your vehicle low and tight for optimized performance or revert to a more stock-like ride
Bilstein PSS9 Coil-Over Kit:
- Fully adjustable monotube gas shock absorbers offer nine precise compression and rebound settings, from comfort to competition
- The front and rear progressive rate springs allow for the accurate adjustment of a vehicle's ride height, stance, cornering balance and ride quality to maximize performance
- Adjuster style differs per vehicle
Bilstein PSS10 Coil-Over Kit:
- "Click" from comfort to competition with no tools or jacking required
- The PSS10 Coil-Over System, evolved from the PSS9 system, adds a matched performance spring and threaded ride height adjuster to provide a complete suspension system for your vehicle
- Ride height adjustable from -1.0" to -1.75" (front) & -1.0" to -1.75" (rear. minimum 1" lowering)
- Lighter weight reduces wear and tear on suspension components
- The Bilstein PSS10 Coil-Over System offers ten vehicle adjustment settings and includes numbered adjusters at the base of the shock body so you know exactly what setting you are on without counting clicks
All Bilstein gas pressure struts/inserts and gas pressure shock absorbers operate on the same principle. They're designed with the rod pointing down into the strut tube, thereby utilizing the thicker, stouter body portion of the shock absorber to dissipate side loads. Due to the increased diameter and surface of the pressure tube, the Bilstein gas pressure strut/insert or shock is better suited to take increased side loads when compared with the conventional version.
Additional advantages, based on development strongly influenced by the motorsport industry, include increased stability, improved road handling and accurate steering. And extremely high quality manufacturing and materials as well as a weather resistant coating to resist oxidation, mean Bilsteins will last approximately four times as long as Original Equipment.
For more information on Bilstein products, read "Which Bilstein Replacement Shock or Strut is Best for Your Vehicle?"