- Tire shaving will allow a wider contact patch vs. a tire "wore down"
- Tire shaving reduces tire weight by a few pounds
- Tire shaving will reduce tire squirm, allowing better tire response and corner handling
- Tire shaving will reduce heat build up
- Tire shaving will allow a tire to last longer in competition vs a non-shaved tire.
|Dry Autocross||Dry Track|
|Kumho ECSTA V700||Required||Required|
|Kumho VictoRacer V700||Optional||Required|
|Michelin Pilot Sport Cup||Optional||Optional|
|Pirelli P Zero Corsa||Optional||Required|
|Pirelli P Zero Corsa System||Optional||Required|
|Yokohama A048 LTS||Optional||Optional|
|Yokohama A048 M||Optional||Optional|
Tire shaving can be added at the time of check out when buying tires online at Tire Rack. Check out some additional information about shaving competition and performance summer tires for competition use. Shaving Tires for Competition