First lets look at a few tips regarding tire replacement.
- When replacing a tire it is best to replace with the same matching tire to the ones on the vehicle. Simply finding the "cheapest tire" available and putting it on will cause more harm than good down the road. The spare tire should be used on a temporary basis until the replacement tire arrives.
- Having to buy a tire unexpectedly do to a road hazard like a pothole is never fun. Consider purchasing a Road Hazard Protection program when buy your tires new.
- At times, if a tire does not blow out, you will see a bubble on the sidewall. Unfortunately the tire needs to be replaced also.
- When replacing less than a set of tires on an all wheel drive vehicle remember; not only does the tire need to match but also the tread depth must as well. Tire Rack can shave a tire for you if needed prior to shipping. I would suggest checking your owners manual or with a local dealership to confirm the tread depth recommendations.
- Tire Rack has many wheels available for most vehicles. Check our website to see which may work. We do not have factory original wheels available but many after market options. It may be less expensive to get four new wheels or cost just a few dollars more than replacing your bent original wheel.
- Typically if you have wheel damage then the tire is likely traumatized beyond use. Tire Rack can mount and balance your new tire and wheel at no charge prior to shipping out as well.