When putting together a Tire & Wheel Package for winter, the MSW Type 14 is often one of the most affordably priced alloy wheel options. Current pricing ranges from $78-$133*, with common 16" applications priced at $89* per wheel. The wheel is available in a wide variety of bolt patterns and offsets to fit popular vehicles.
Alloy wheels tend to cost a little more than steel wheels, but are more resistant to rust, lighter weight and more attractive. For some vehicles, steel wheels may not be available, so in many cases the Type 14 may be the best priced option. When compared to steel wheels, alloy wheels offer the following benefits:
- Enhances the look of your vehicle
- Are manufactured to precise standards to meet exact fitment and performance needs
- Weigh less than steel wheels and have superior strength
- May be the preferred option for your vehicle based on fitment requirements
- Will allow for better brake clearance (depending on wheel style and brake components installed)
With a simple five-spoke design they are easy to clean and resist the tendency to accumulate packed snow. Proper maintenance is required as finish damage may result in the harshest winter climates where salty and sand are routinely used. Which means your winter wheels will need to be cleaned.
*Prices subject to change