If you're looking for an Ultra High Performance All-Season tire at a good price, the General G-MAX AS-03 is worth a consideration.
The G-MAX AS-03 is intended for drivers of sports cars, sporty coupes and high performance sedans who need year-round performance. With a distinctive tread pattern and well balanced grip and handling, this tire is designed for enthusiasts who need to balance performance and practicality. It molds all-season tread compound into a directional tread design featuring stable shoulders, independent intermediate blocks and a continuous center rib to combine dry road handling with hydroplaning resistance and wintertime traction in light snow.
On the performance side:
- A continuous center rib enhances steering feel and consistency.
- V-shaped grooves evacuate water (best wet traction of its class in our recent test)
- Robust internal construction with V- or W- speed ratings (speed rating depends on size)
On the practical side:
- All-season compound allows year-round driving, including light snow
- Treadlife Warranty: 6 years / 40,000 miles
- Priced near or below most of its competitors (prices vary over time and by size)
Take a look at what some of our customers are saying about their experience with the General G-MAX AS-03:
"Put a set of these on my 2008 CTS and have been very pleased. The car and tires do all that I ask of them. The ride and noise control are both excellent and I am very happy with the tires. Excellent tire and a good price." -- Tire Rack Consumer Review, 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Direct Injection RWD
"I bought these tires as three-season tires for my Protege 5, since I have a set of winter tires as well. I decided to get these performance all-seasons and I am not disappointed in them at all. These are probably the best set of tires I've owned, regardless of price. They handle really well in both wet and dry and do an excellent job of evacuating water from under the tread to prevent hydroplaning. I'd definitely recommend to anyone [who wants] high performance driving with wet weather performance." -- Tire Rack Consumer Review, 2003 Mazda Protege 5